Almond Recruitment on behalf of our client, a leading Accounting firm, are currently looking for a Tax Manager to join their offices in Nicosia. This would be a fantastic opportunity to work with an extremely strong and well established firm.
- Work collaboratively with management to develop and implement strategic tax planning and policies that help the clients or businesses to be compliant with Cyprus tax laws and regulations
- Provide advice and consultation to clients on tax efficient structures and direct tax issues and risks
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures
- Identify and present direct tax opportunities and risks according to tax legislation, common practice, and double tax treaties
- Perform Tax audits on clients and be able to prepare reports with relevant findings and proposals for rectifying any errors identified
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements, plan, execute, direct, and complete tax assignments in a wide variety of industries and jurisdictions as well as in complicated areas of Cyprus tax laws.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company income tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms
- Manage and facilitate tax audits: prepare responses, create schedules, etc. • Interpret Income Tax Law and apply it as required
- Work closely with Directors, Senior Managers and Managers of all departments in order to enhance client service and facilitate new business development
- Prepare letters/reports/advanced tax rulings of opinion in relation to Taxation matters that will need to be submitted to the clients and/or to the Cyprus Tax Department
- Prepare and present seminars to both clients and colleagues
- Prepare and or assist with the preparation of Transfer Pricing studies for clients, in compliance with the Law and Regulations and relevant OECD Guidelines
- Perform economic and benchmarking analysis, in order to determine the arm’s length price of financial and trading transactions
- Holder of a university degree (BSc) with background in law, taxation, accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- Sound academic record
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA) or ADIT or other professional qualification or credential demonstrating knowledge in the field of taxation.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in an audit firm, tax practise or related consultancy/advisory firm, 3 of them in a supervisory role
- Excellent knowledge of the Cyprus tax legislation
- Excellent knowledge of the provisions of Double Tax Treaties
- Excellent knowledge of the EU tax directives and international tax developments
- Able to study and understand the laws related with the direct taxation of Cyprus as well as other jurisdictions
To apply for the vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CY11738
*Almond Recruitment is a professional recruitment agency run by a team with over 30 years international experience. Feel free to search and apply for job vacancies confidentially in Cyprus or Malta or get in touch with us and benefit from our experience. By sending us your CV, you are giving Almond Recruitment consent to contact you with any current or future job opportunities. CVs are held in the strictest of confidence.