Senior Audit Manager – CY11889
Almond Recruitment on behalf of our client, a leading accounting firm, are currently looking for an Senior Audit Manager to join their offices in Nicosia. This would be a fantastic opportunity to work with an extremely strong and well-established firm.
- Conduct audit procedures and be in charge of a portfolio of clients in a wide variety of industries (i.e. investment companies, provision of financing facilities, trading companies, etc.) in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing and the Companies Law, cap 133.
- Able to review multiple audit engagements and financial statements of various Companies prepared by the senior team members in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
- Further review audit work of subordinates to ensure engagement compliance with the company’s quality control policies.
- Submit progress reports related to audit assignments to the management team.
- Have responsibility for the timely billing and collection of fees from clients.
- Assign staff and budgeting hours for audit engagements and track the audit process’s progress.
- Follow up daily work, identify client expectations and address any issues that may concern the clients from time to time.
- Plan, execute and successful completion of the audits in accordance with IFRSs and IASs.
- Stay updated and monitor the status of work of his/her team members on an ongoing basis
- Check and review all audit documentation.
- Assess risk along with designing and communicating audit procedures to engagement teams.
- Able to provide support, train, develop and share knowledge with senior staff members.
- Attending meetings with clients and being able to follow the agenda prepared to fulfil client needs.
- Prepare competitive audit proposals.
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
- Maintain business relationships with existing customers, associates and governmental authorities.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multitask will assist in handling a client portfolio and completing assignments efficiently and effectively.
- Engage in business development activities, aiming to increase brand awareness and expand the firm’s network and customer base.
- Expected that he/she will develop his/her knowledge in the abovementioned areas and stay updated (either through day-to-day assignments or through continued study) on the following:
- Auditing Standards
- IFRS standards
- Companies Law
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Holder of a university degree (BSc) with a background in accounting or another relevant field
- Sound Academic record
- Holder of ACA / ACCA professional qualification with a good track of exam results
- More than 8 years of related experience in an audit firm (ideally at least 5 years post qualification)
- Experience in coaching, supervising and managing staff members
- A proven track record of establishing client relationships
- Excellent knowledge of auditing procedures
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial reporting standards
- Knowledge of Caseware Audit International
- Very good knowledge of Cyprus taxation and VAT
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness
- Excellent organisation skills and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Maintain good relations with other members of staff and clients.
- Business development and strong negotiation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take initiatives.
- Highly self-motivated and desires continuous improvement.
- Highly developed listening and questioning skills.
- Excellent written communication skills in both Greek and English language.
- Knowledge of Russian or another foreign language is considered an advantage
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package in accordance with qualifications and practicable experience.
- Bonus based on performance.
- Expenses towards ACCA/ACA qualification are fully covered by the firm.
- Six days paid study leave regarding the first attempt at examinations of ACCA/ACA qualifications.
- Five days of paid sick leave per year.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Training events that will help both your personal and professional development.
- Participation in our various corporate events and activities.
To apply for the vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CY11889
*Almond Recruitment is a professional recruitment agency run by a team with over 30 years international experience. Feel free to search and apply for job vacancies confidentially in Cyprus or Malta or get in touch with us and benefit from our experience. By sending us your CV, you are giving Almond Recruitment consent to contact you with any current or future job opportunities. CVs are held in the strictest of confidence