Almond Recruitment on behalf of our client, a leading forex firm, are currently looking for Head of Legal and Compliance to join their offices in Limassol. This would be a fantastic opportunity to work with an extremely strong and well-established company.
- AML/Due diligence/KYC procedures
- Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program.
- Develop and review company policies.
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.|
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
- Responding to compliance enquiries
- Performing regular monitoring to ensure that standards are adhered
- Prepare applications, notifications, and record updates for the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- Ensure that the firm fulfil their annual obligations and license conditions
- Manage the Company’s ongoing national and international legal matters.
- Instruct and coordinate assigned law firms on the handling of legal proceedings and other legal matters.
- Act as the liaison between the Company and external law firms.
- Review work produced by external legal advisers, provide feedback, guidance, corrections, and internal advice.
- Provide direct support and material assistance to law firms assigned to handle the Company’s legal matters.
- Perform internal investigation and evidence-gathering to support legal proceedings.
- Perform analysis of legal texts, court documents, laws and regulations and assist law firms handling legal matters.
- Provide detailed situation reports and updates to BOD on all matters being handled.
- Perform risk assessments, threat exposure assessments to issue alerts and advise on course of action.
- Manage, coordinate, and handle complaints and claims, including settlement negotiations and court proceedings.
- Handle legal matters and claims in a pre-litigation context.
- Handle all interaction of the Company with judicial and executive branches of Governments
- Legal academic background – Postgraduate diploma required from high-ranking UK or other English-speaking University.
- Fluent in English and Greek both oral and writing
- Deep understanding of CySEC regulations, AML/Due diligence/KYC procedures
- Outstanding Legal English writing skills. Candidates must demonstrate ability to produce legal texts of the highest quality, equivalent to the level required by a practicing barrister or solicitor in the UK or other English-speaking jurisdiction.
- Excellent knowledge of EU and international law
- Very good knowledge of fundamental rules of evidence
- Very good knowledge of the financial services sector, regulations, and legislation
- Very good knowledge of civil procedure, litigation, enforcement orders, injunctions
- Very good high-level and low-level management and coordination skills
- Ability to track multiple cases across different jurisdictions and coordinate different law firms
- Ability to investigate and obtain evidence as required for the successful handling of ongoing litigation.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, make risk-benefit evaluations and develop action plans
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in similar position
To apply for the vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CY11787
*Almond Recruitment is a professional recruitment agency run by a team with over 30 years international experience. Feel free to search and apply for job vacancies confidentially in Cyprus or Malta or get in touch with us and benefit from our experience. By sending us your CV, you are giving Almond Recruitment consent to contact you with any current or future job opportunities. CVs are held in the strictest of confidence.