Almond Recruitment, on behalf of our client, a holding company of an international group of companies engaged in various sectors across Europe, are looking for a Head of Internal Audit. The successful person will lead the internal audit function for the whole group and be responsible for developing and executing a risk-based internal audit plan. This is a newly created, hands-on role which will provide overall strategic direction for the function, but also plan, lead, and deliver audit assignments. Please feel free to forward your CV if you are an experienced Head of Internal Audit looking join an international and professional company.
- Develop and deliver a strategic vision and direction for internal audit, internal control,risk management and governance that meets with the business strategy as well as with international standards and regulations
- Assess the current internal audit plans and procedures
- Develop a group-wide, risk based internal audit and internal control plan
- Oversee the implementation of the approved plan, ensure proper resourcing for the implementation of the plan, and adjust the plan as needed in response to changes in business risks, operations, and controls, as well as international regulatory developments
- Perform organization-wide strategic and operational risk assessments to identify significant risks and exposure
- Ensure methodical documentation of work plans, testing results, conclusions, and recommendations as well as follow-up on findings and corrective actions
- Day to day leadership and management of the internal audit team spread across the organization with a focus on identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Ensure audit techniques and methodologies are aligned with international internal audit standards and best practices
- Organizing third party resource where specialist knowledge is required
- Prepare and present reports to the Board of Directors
- Provide advisory support to management as a subject matter expert with respect to internal controls, risk management and governance
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in internal audit
- Qualified internal auditor or accountant with internal audit and risk experience
- Ability to translate complex technical analysis into business relevant insights
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate adequately with remote teams at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter and able to work independently whilst engaging with local teams
- Regular international travel
- International working environment
- Modern facilities and work infrastructure
- Competitive salary package
To apply for the vacancy please send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference CY21411.
*Almond Recruitment is a professional recruitment agency run by a team with over 30 years international experience. Feel free to search and apply for job vacancies confidentially in Cyprus or Malta or get in touch with us and benefit from our experience. By sending us your CV, you are giving Almond Recruitment consent to contact you with any current or future job opportunities. CVs are held in the strictest of confidence.