Almond Recruitment on behalf of our client, a leading accounting firm, are currently looking for a Head of Corporate and Compliance to join their offices in Nicosia. This would be a fantastic opportunity to work with an extremely strong and well-established firm.
- Act as a strategic partner by developing and implementing the company’s plans and programs
- Carry out analysis on complex resource management issues and initiatives that concern the organization, and prepare associated reports, correspondence, and submissions to senior management
- Review legal documents such as agreements, board and shareholder resolutions, power of attorneys, etc.
- Liaise with other professionals and experts to ensure that the deliverables are up to standards
- Prepare documents and monitor the procedure for corporate changes with Registrar of Companies, i.e. change of directors, secretary, shareholders, registered office, etc.
- Monitor procedure for annual levies payments to Registrar of Companies, update clients of status, notices etc.
- Provide relevant information and support for the preparation of financial reports and budgets
- Direct, manage, and develop the capacity of administrative staff to guarantee smooth business operations and the provision of accurate and timely information
- Represent the organization on internal and external matters, including negotiations and conventions
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of plans, policies, and processes
- Undertake measures to mitigate business risks associated with physical security, real estate matters, and other risk areas concerning the business
- Implement a comprehensive corporate security policy
- Support of mandate head in taking care of clients and preparation of offers
- Arrange for the fulfilment of the statutory obligations of companies by liaising with the bookkeepers, auditors, lawyers, banks e.tc.
- Independent handle of payments, incl. monitoring, filing and management of files
- Provide consultation to clients on tax, VAT and migration related matters
- Accompany the clients at banking institutions
- Issue invoices and be responsible for the financial control of payments
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Corporate Law or any other related field
- A University Degree in Business Administration is considered as a plus
- Being member of Professional Body such as ACA, ACCA is considered as a plus
- Sound academic record
- At least 7 years of experience in a similar role
- Compliance knowledge and experience is a must
- Experience in the Banking sector will be considered as an advantage
- Knowledge of Accounting, Audit and International Financial Reporting Standards, Cyprus Corporate Law and Cyprus taxation
To apply for the vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CY11860
*Almond Recruitment is a professional recruitment agency run by a team with over 30 years international experience. Feel free to search and apply for job vacancies confidentially in Cyprus or Malta or get in touch with us and benefit from our experience. By sending us your CV, you are giving Almond Recruitment consent to contact you with any current or future job opportunities. CVs are held in the strictest of confidence.