Corporate lawyer / AML Compliance Officer – CY21877Full Time
Almond Recruitment, on behalf of our client, a well-established and highly reputable legal firm, are currently recruiting for a Corporate Lawyer / AML Compliance Officer to join their Limassol office. The successful candidate must have strong experience and knowledge of corporate law as well as AML compliance and will be joining a professional team of lawyers. This is a great opportunity to join a company with an excellent reputation.
- Handle the formation and registration of companies in Cyprus and other jurisdictions.
- Coordinate with registered agents overseas for the registration and dissolution of foreign companies.
- Handle and administer all due diligence procedures, KYC.
- Prepare the Client Acceptance documentation.
- Maintain the Corporate Registers.
- Act as the first point of contact for clients, company employees and counterparties in all areas connected with KYC documents collections, update, certification, provision etc.
- Update internal databases on the client, UBO’s, and other matters as requested.
- Arrange for the execution, certification, and legalisation of documents.
- Deal with the execution of changes in the structure of companies (including but not limited to shareholding, directorship, share capital, change of name)
- Submission of annual returns and other annual requirements including UBO register filings.
- Liaise with clients, external regulators, and professional advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Draft corporate and other documents such as minutes, resolutions, agreements, powers of attorney, registers, and letters with respect to the actions of the companies.
- Provide administrative support to lawyers.
- Provide assistance in liquidation proceedings.
- Fulfilling DAC6 reporting requirements.
- Roll out and delivery of comprehensive ongoing training to all members of staff on AML/TF.
- Continuous review of all related laws and regulations to ensure the business always maintains compliance with the required AML laws and regulations.
- Responsible for all the mandatory reporting to the regulators.
- Screening of new clients and parties as requested.
- Undertake training as required.
- University law degree (an LPC or LLM shall be considered an advantage).
- Over 3 years post qualification experience as a corporate lawyer and compliance officer.
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association.
- Good working knowledge in Company formation and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Experience with AML and KYC procedures, DAC6 will be considered a strong plus.
- Good communication skills in English and Greek.
- Strong business communication skills.
- Proactive approach to work.
- Ability to develop detailed policies and procedures.
- Eligibility to work in Cyprus.
To apply for the vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CY21877.
*Almond Recruitment is a professional recruitment agency run by a team with over 30 years international experience. Feel free to search and apply for job vacancies confidentially In Cyprus or Malta or get in touch with us and benefit from our experience. By sending us your CV, you are giving Almond Recruitment consent to contact you with any current or future job opportunities. CVs are held in the strictest of confidence.