Almond Recruitment, on behalf of our client, a leading Forex firm, are currently looking for a CFO / Executive Director to join their office in Nicosia. Our client holds a great reputation within the industry and is fully CySec Regulated. If you wish to be part of a highly professional firm dedicated to high standards of client service, please get in touch.
- Responsible for the monitoring and implementation of the overall strategic business plan.
- Providing coaching and assistance of junior staff members.
- Assisting in the fulfilling of AML requirements for the clients.
- Responsible for all aspects of Finance with a focus on financial and regulatory reporting (including CySEC reports, COREP, ICAAP, Capital Adequacy, Pillar 3, Audit, Tax) reconciliations and compliance.
- Act as main point of contact for Regulatory Authorities and external consultants for a variety of financial matters including anticipating audit requirements.
- Preparation and submission of financial statements based on the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
- Ensure all statutory reporting and tax reporting is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all accounting records of the CIF are prepared accurately.
- Oversee CIF’s accounting systems and ensure corporate and regulatory guideline alignment.
- Proactively review and improve internal finance processes and procedures, ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
- Stay up to date with the latest local and EU legislations, rules and best practice guidelines.
- Proactively monitor the CIF’s risk exposures and educate the management on the regulatory risk requirements.
- Degree in Accounting and Finance or another related/similar field.
- At least 10 years of experience in working within regulated CIFs fulfilling Senior Finance roles.
- Experience with Pilar 1, 2 and 3, COREP forms and ICCAP.
- Knowledge of IFRS, and CySEC rules and regulations.
- CySEC Advanced certification is advantageous.
- CySEC AML certification is advantageous.
- Working in the forex or investment industry is essential to have.
- Well organised, and able to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
To apply for the vacancy please send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference CY11383.
*Almond Recruitment is a professional recruitment agency run by a team with over 30 years international experience. Feel free to search and apply for job vacancies confidentially In Cyprus or Malta or get in touch with us and benefit from our experience. By sending us your CV, you are giving Almond Recruitment consent to contact you with any current or future job opportunities. CVs are held in the strictest of confidence.