Almond Recruitment on behalf of our client, a leading accounting firm, are currently looking for an Junior AML Compliance / Banking Officer to join their offices in Nicosia. This would be a fantastic opportunity to work with an extremely strong and well-established firm.
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients, addressing inquiries, resolving issues, and assisting with account-related transactions. Handle customer complaints or concerns promptly and professionally.
- Ensure compliance with banking regulations, policies, and procedures. Stay updated on industry changes and implement necessary measures to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Assist clients with account opening, closing, and maintenance procedures. Process various banking transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and transfers. Monitor account activities for suspicious or fraudulent behaviour.
- Prepare and review banking documents, such as loan applications, account statements, and account agreements. Verify accuracy and completeness of documents and obtain necessary signatures.
- Assist in generating financial reports, analysing data, and preparing periodic reports for management. Contribute to the maintenance of accurate financial records.
- Collect and review KYC documents and information in line with applicable legislation as part of client onboarding procedures
- Collect and update the profiles of existing clients as part of client ongoing monitoring procedures
- Carry out review of transactions and obtain additional information as required
- Undertake background screening checks on a regular basis with the ability to critically interpret findings (i.e. PEP, adverse media, etc)
- Input or update as applicable client’s profiles on the WiseBos, AML software used by the firm
- Collaborate with team members and external advisors in updating the client internal AML policies and procedures
- Provide support to Compliance Manager as required
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel
- Keep up to date with the relevant laws and regulation of its position such as the AML Law, Directives of the EU, Sanction Lists e.t.c.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business Administration or a related field;
- Previous experience in AML experience is essential to have
- Knowledge of legal requirements and procedures (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering);
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards;
- Fluency in Greek and English, both in verbal and written;
- Integrity and professional ethics;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Working in a banking industry is an advantage
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package in accordance with qualifications and practicable experience.
- Bonus based on performance.
- Five days of paid sick leave per year.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Training events that will help both your personal and professional development.
- Participation in our various corporate events and activities.
To apply for the vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CY11900
*Almond Recruitment is a professional recruitment agency run by a team with over 30 years international experience. Feel free to search and apply for job vacancies confidentially in Cyprus or Malta or get in touch with us and benefit from our experience. By sending us your CV, you are giving Almond Recruitment consent to contact you with any current or future job opportunities. CVs are held in the strictest of confidence.