Almond Recruitment, on behalf of our client, a highly respected Metal trading firm, are currently looking for Accountant to join their office in Limassol. Our client holds a great reputation within the industry, offering services to international and private clients. If you want to be part of a highly trained professional firm dedicated to high standards of client service, please get in touch.
- The successful candidate will be reporting to Senior Accountant or Group Financial Controller (depending on the task). He/she will be responsible for:
- Maintaining accounting records for the companies of the Group;
- Preparation of monthly management reports and IFRS year–end accounts for the companies assigned. Taking charge of the annual audits of the companies assigned.
- Handle Tax and VAT issues; liaising with external auditors, bankers, lawyers and advisors;
- Preparation of income tax and VAT returns;
- Producing reports on a weekly and monthly basis for management as well as ad hoc reports as required internally;
- Opening and maintaining bank accounts for the assigned companies;
- Posting credit/debit cards and petty cash relating entries to the accounting system.
- Filing (digital and physical), mailing, and other duties as needed
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
- Any other ad-hoc tasks/duties
- 3+ years of relevant experience within the profession or in a similar position.
- Big4 experience is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Membership of a professional accounting body (ACA, ACCA) is a must.
- Experience in preparation and review of IFRS financial statements is a must.
- Experience in preparation/filing income tax return and VAT in Cyprus, experience in Cyprus income tax and VAT legislation is an advantage.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Being able to work independently, with ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines. High levels of commitment with a drive to deliver results under pressure.
- Ability to use MS Excel to a high standard is must.
- Team player with very good interpersonal skills
To apply for the vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CY11404
*Almond Recruitment is a professional recruitment agency run by a team with over 30 years international experience. Feel free to search and apply for job vacancies confidentially in Cyprus or Malta or get in touch with us and benefit from our experience. By sending us your CV, you are giving Almond Recruitment consent to contact you with any current or future job opportunities. CVs are held in the strictest of confidence.