Our client is seeking for a Finance Officer to work within the accounting team. My client is a leading international corporate and financial firm.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and managing a portfolio of clients in their financial reporting requirements (IFRS and GAPSME);
- Preparation of monthly, ad-hoc and annual management reporting, IFRS/GAPSME financial statements and dealing with auditors during the annual audits;
- Taking on a senior role on similar work as detailed above carried out by fellow team;
- Preparation and filing of VAT and Tax returns;
- Compliance with other financial statutory reporting requirements.
- VAT and/or Tax returns.
- Preparing month end accounts and trial balances
- Producing and inputting sales and purchase invoices
- Credit control and producing credit reports
- Reconciling investment portfolio statements
- Quarterly reporting to bankers and VAT returns
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of an A-level standard of education in accounting and be in the early stages of ACCA or similar qualification.
- Past experience in accounts or audit fields will be considered an asset.
- Ideally have experience in the preparation of VAT and/or Tax return however required training will be provided for these aspects.
- Be able to be dedicated, result-oriented and be a team player.
- The ideal candidate for the role will be a self-starter who has a proactive approach to problem solving. experience using Sage 50 and the ability to work well in a team as well showing initiative to deliver high quality work when working independently